My chair, Brian Still, suggested I come to May Seminar with a list of possible questions/topics and so this is where I started:
• Do writers prefer face-to-face or online writing workshop? Why?
• Do writers develop a sense of community through online workshop?
• Does face-to-face interaction change that? How so?
• How long does it take writers (of differing ages and backgrounds) to feel comfortable with online workshop?
• Does online workshop help writers improve? In what ways?
• Is technology a bridge or wall for communication/community?
• How can online workshop be supported and facilitated to be more effective?
• Does the type of writing matter? (for a class or not)
10 years ago